Match Report – Esh Winning 3-4 Billingham Town – 3.2.18

A damp and drizzly day at West Terrace for our Ebac Northern League Second Division clash with Billingham Town.

3rd Minute – GOAL!!! 0-1 (Kerridge) Billingham Town play some good football and get the ball out wide to Luke Hogan, a former Esh player. A cross floated into the box finds Joseph Kerridge who jumps and heads home to make it 1-0 to the visitors.

Good play between Matthew Allison and Kai Hewitson gives Hewitson the chance of a shot on the edge of the box. Kai strikes but the shot is saved comfortably by Liam Gibbs in the Billingham Town goal.

13th Minute – GOAL!!! 0-2 (Lavan) Lavan runs through the heart of the Esh Winning defence and round Robinson to make it 0-2 to the visitors.

Another five minutes pass and Billingham Town seem to be feeling at home. Another Luke Hogan cross floated into the box and headed home by Joseph Kerridge. This time however assistant referee Selwyn Heslop has his flag up and the goal is ruled offside.

First twenty five minutes dominated by Billingham Town. Esh Winning doing themselves no favours allowing Billingham to play.

25th Minute – Nicholas Marley’s first game back after suspension is cut short. Brought off for Daniel Kent after appearing to take a knock.

30th Minute – Esh Winning starting to take a foot hold in the game. Starting to create chances and putting Billingham Town under pressure.

31st Minute – GOAL!!! 1-2 (Hewitson) Kia Hewitson takes another shot just outside the box and beats Gibbs in the Billingham goal.

Esh Winning definitely looking stronger as we headed towards half time. Great play between Max Stoker and Kai Hewitson sets Matthew Allison up for a short just outside the centre of the box. Matty’s shot unlucky not to beat the Billingham Town keeper.

CAUTION – Reece Brown is booked for a trip on a Billingham Town player.

Jonathan Swift finds Daniel Kent at the back post with a cross but Kent’s shot is cleared off the line by Liam Gibbs in the Billingham Town goal.

Matthew Allison takes another shot at the Billingham goal, beats the Billingham Town keeper, but is just over the bar.

45th Minute – GOAL!!! 2-2 (Hewitson) Two goals inside 15 minutes for Kai Hewitson and 4 goals in 2 games. Kai works himself into the box with the ball at his feet and gets the chance of a shot which he took well and made it 2-2 just on the stroke of half time. It must be said that each and everyone of the Esh players played a part in this goal as it was worked up the field from a Billingham Town freekick.

HT – Esh Winning 2 – 2 Billingham Town

55th Minute – GOAL!!! 3-2 (Allison) – Kai Hewitson challenges Billingham keeper Gibbs in the air and comes away winning the header. The header leaves the ball at Matthew Allisons feet and he makes it 3-2 to The Stags.

Unfortunately, Billingham Town keeper Gibbs, who had been having a great game, was injured when he challenged Hewitson who won the header. Billingham forced to bring on their substitute keeper.

SUBSTITUTE – Gavin Brown is brought on for Alex Goundry on the 61st minute.

65th Minute – GOAL!!! 3-3 (Kirkbride) – Some crappy play in the Esh Winning box leaves Brandon Kirkbride with the ball at his feet and he manages to put the ball in the back of the net 3 a piece.

68th Minute – Esh manager Tony Boakes shows no signs of giving in as he takes Reece Brown off and replaces him with a centre forward in Connor Halpin.

74th Minute – PENALTY SAVED – Paul Oxley brings down a Billingham forward inside the area and referee Evan Culling points to the spot and cautions Paul Oxley. Carl Robinson dives to his right hand side and saves the penalty. The rebound is cleared for a corner and Robinson makes another quick fire save following the corner.

Esh Winning play some fantastic football and create many chances but are unable to get a fourth goal.

A strange situation as a punch appears to have been chucked at Gavin Brown off the ball. Neither the referee nor the assistant referee on the far side appear to have seen this therefore the referee pulls both skippers in to calm the situation down.

87th Minute – 3-4 GOAL!!! (Lavan). Heartbreaking! Mykel Summerson appears to be fouled as he tries to defend against a cross from Billingham Town however the foul isn’t seen by the referee and the ball makes its way into the Esh Winning box. Ashley Lavan finds the back of the net and makes it 4-3 to the away side.

Full Time – Esh Winning 3 – 4 Billingham Town

A disappointing result for The Stags but a fantastic performance by each and every one of the lads. Two nil down and looking like conceding more to leading the game 3-2. At 3-3 Robinson incredibly saves a Billingham penalty but a last minute goal leaves The Stags with no points.

Esh XI: Robinson, Wilkinson, R. Brown (y) (Halpin 68’), Stoker (capt), Oxley (y), Summerson, Goundry (Brown 61’), Allison (1), Marley (Kent 25’), Hewitson (2), Swift

Unused Subs: Fish, Soulsby

Billingham Town XI: Gibbs, Moore, Dixon, McDonald, Oakley, Kirkbride, Hargrave, Connor, Kerridge, Lavan, Hogan

Subs: Redman, Shaw, Taylor, Maloney, Lambert

Referee: Evan Culling

Assistant Referee: Selwyn Heslop

Assistant Referee: John Love

Attendance: 67

Match Report: Matthew Burdess



One thought on “Match Report – Esh Winning 3-4 Billingham Town – 3.2.18

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s